by Coy Holcombe.
Last night the EISD Board of Trustees met for their regular monthly meeting. During the meeting the board:
- Approved minutes of previous board meeting
- Presented a proclamation to Josh Felty for his accomplishments in UIL Current Events. Josh placed 8th in the state in class 3A.
- Heard a report from athletic director Doug Wendel.
- Heard financial reports, committee reports, and general reports from the superintendent.
- Voted to accept the bid from Texas Kids First for student accident insurance for the 09-10 school year.
- Heard an update on the budget.
- Reviewed and approved the district investment policy.
- Approved Update 85.
- Approved the bank depository bid from Prosperity Bank.
- Reviewed the student handbook and code of conduct for the 09-10 school year. No action was taken because this was the first reading.
- Heard an update on attendance and enrollment
- Accepted resignations of the following employees: Ruth Adame, Phillip Smith, Laura Belt, Alene Gragowski, John Gragowski, Aimee Johnson, and Ronnie Nobles.
- Employed Karey Smith as a High School Spanish teacher and employed Deidre Lancaster as a High School business/technology teacher.
- Approved the salary schedule for auxiliary employees and professional employees as amended.
- Adjourned at 9:50 PM.
The July board meeting will be on July 21.