by Coy Holcombe.
Yesterday, we received notification that EISD qualified for $10,451 for the Student Success Initiative. These funds are used to provide accelerated instruction to students that have not been successful on the TAKS test. This was a pleasant surprise, because we did not anticipated receiving any funds for this program due to budget cuts at the state level. EISD also receives other revenue from state and federal sources for certain programs. Below is a breakdown of the these programs:
|Safe and Drug Free Schools 204||$0.00||$3,626.00|
|Title I 211||$237,522.00||$258,832.00|
|Food Services 240||$739,800.00||$739,793.00|
|Class Size Reduction 255||$63,969.00||$67,852.00|
|Title II Part D Technology||$0.00||$2,500.00|
|Title XIV SFSF||$438,075.00||$463,302.00|
|Title I ARRA 285||$34,020.42||$130,962.00|
|Federal Vocational 331||$0.00||$16,491.00|
|Advanced Placement 397||$250.00||$250.00|
|Optional Extended Year 401||$0.00||$4,815.00|
|Pre-k Grant 415||$76,500.00||$76,500.00|
As you can see, several of the programs that were funded in 09-10 are no longer being funded in 10-11. A couple of notes:
- The Title XIV funds have taken the place of some of the district’s state funding. This money was provided to the state as part of the stimulus package and the state used that money to help fund the state’s share of school funding. This money is not expected to extend beyond the 10-11 school year. It should be replaced by state funding in the 11-12 school year.
- EISD did not qualify for enough federal vocational money in 10-11 to have its own program. As a result, the funds that we receive in this program goes to a consortium run by our Service Center. We must access funds through this consortium.
- According to the state, this is the last year for the pre-k grant. The pre-k grant allows the district to fund a full-day pre-k program. Currently, the state only provides funds for a half-day pre-k program.
- We will probably receive a little more Title I money later in the school year.
- The Technology funds are state funds.
- Title I ARRA funds are stimulus funds. We received the full allotment last year and saved some of the money to be used in the 10-11 school year.
If you have any questions regarding this special funds, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A reminder that our JV football team will be traveling to Tyler Grace this evening. The game is set to start at 5:30.
The September Update will be published today. You can access the newsletter through our homepage. If you would like to receive it via email, just send me your email address and I will add it to my Update distribution list.