by Coy Holcombe.
The Eustace ISD Board of Trustees will hold a public hearing at 6:45 this evening to review the Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas (FIRST) results. The meeting will be held in the High School library. EISD received a "Superior Achievement" rating on FIRST for the 08-09 school year. The FIRST ratings are a year removed because the financial audit must be completed before the FIRST ratings can be computed. EISD has received a "Superior Achievement rating (the highest possible) each year that the FIRST rating system has been in place. A special thank you to Carol Warren, EISD business manager, for all her hard work and dedication in this area. Also, special thanks goes out to the men and women serving on the EISD school board. Without their leadership, these types of ratings would not be possible.
At 7:00 PM, the EISD Board of Trustees will hold their regular monthly meeting. Agenda items include:
- Approve minutes of previous meetings.
- Financial reports
- 2009 Data Validation on Student Assessment
- Performance Based Monitoring Analysis System Report
- AP Award for May 2009
- PaySchools Report
- Certified Payments Summary Report 09-10
- 10-11 Van Zandt County Appraisal District Final Budget
- Evaluation of the 09-10 District Improvement Plan
- Committee Reports
- Consider band trip for graduating seniors
- Consider approval of the District Improvement Plan for 2010-2011
- Consider Options for District Vending
- Policy Update 88 – First reading
- Consider approval of class size waiver for kindergarten
- Consider nomination for Henderson County Appraisal District Board of Directors
- Consider tentative approval of additional pre-k class
- Update on enrollment
- Student Transfers
- Action on closed session items
Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend tonight's meeting.