by Coy Holcombe.
Last night, the EISD Board of Trustees met in regular session. The following items were discussed and/or considered:
– A proclamation from Governor Rick Perry was read that designated January as School Board Recognition Month. Board members received certificates honoring them for their service. In addition, the Intermediate School provided a meal for the board, the Primary School provided desserts, the Middle School and High School both had student presentations for the board members. The High School also produced a video highlighting events of this school year.
– Approved minutes of previous board meetings.
– Approved financial reports as presented.
– Approved May 5, 2011 for the Employee Appreciation Banquet
– Approved a resolution calling for a school board election for May 14, 2011.
– Approved a contract with the City of Eustace for the May election and approved a secondary polling place in Payne Springs.
– Reviewed Policy Update 89 – first reading
– Approved an agreement with Life Touch Photography for school pictures for the 2011-2012 school year.
– Approved the substitute list as presented.
– Approved the student transfers as presented.
– Evaluated and approved a one-year extension for the superintendent