by Coy Holcombe.
I received an update from Zach Tappan on further successes that EHS senior Mallory Mobley has had in FFA. Below is Mr. Tappan's information:
"Mallory has been awarded the Houston Livestock Show Area Go Texan scholarship in the amount of $16,000. The requirements are rigorous and to an extremely high standard. Through Mallory’s involvement with agricultural endeavors as well as her very studious efforts, she is most deserving of this elite award. I ask that each of you please take a moment to congratulate her personally. Mallory is a testament of the World Class education received here at EISD."
Last night, the EISD Board of Trustees met in regular session. The meeting started at 7:00 PM. The Board:
– Received an invitation from Mallory Mobley and Brady Tindel to attend the Ag Booster Club's 14th Annual Chili Cookoff and Auction to be held on February 26.
– Approved the minutes of the January 18, 2011, regular board meeting.
– Approved the financial reports as presented.
– Heard reports on PaySchools, the NCLB Report Card, the Math Counts T-Shirt Design Contest, the Preliminary Property Values for 2010, and the 2011 Gold Leadership Circle Award.
– The board heard a report from the DEIC committee.
– Approved three waiver applications to TEA for missed instructional days.
– Approved the bid submitted by Athens Steel Building for expanding the existing Agricultural Science Building.
– Approved Local Policy Update 89 on Second Reading.
– Approved the 2011-2012 school calendar as presented.
– Nominated Kerry Yancy, reporter for The Monitor, to the TASB Media Honor Roll.
– Moved the date of the regular March board meeting from Tuesday, March 15, 2011, to Thursday, March 10, 2011.
– Heard an update on enrollment.
– Approved the substitute list as presented.
– Approved a contract extension for the assistant superintendent of curriculum and instruction.
– Approved a contract extension for the athletic director.
– Approved a contract extension for the High School principal.
– Approved a contract extension for the Intermediate School principal.
– Approved a contract extension for the Primary School principal.