On Tuesday, May 17, the EISD Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting. Reports were heard on the following topics:
- EISD TAKS Compared with State
- Preliminary Taxable Values in Henderson and Van Zandt Counties
- 2009-2010 Final Summary of Finance
- Special Education Contract with HCSSA
- Letter of Approval from TEA for the Optional Flexible Year Program for 2011-2012
- Audit Letter from TEA
- TASB Letter
- TASB Advocacy Letter
- Enrollment and Attendance
The Board took action on the following items:
- Approved the financial reports as presented
- Approved a preliminary plan to reduce expenditures due to decreased state funding for 2011-2012
- Approved a resolution to open a corporate account with Capital One
- Approved bids for milk, ice cream, bread, and pizza for the 2011-2012 school years.
- Approved the addition of 2 temporary custodial positions and 2 temporary maintenance positions for the summer months
- Approved the Region 7 Education Service Center contracts for 2011-2012
- Approved a resolution from the district’s tax attorney
- Approved two refunds for over payments of taxes
- Accepted the following resignations from EISD: Shannon Davidson, Jennifer Blake, Molly Taylor, Martha Ray, and Lea Ann Price.
- Accepted the following resignations from HCSSA: Kathleen Deupree, Jackie Solomon, and Debra Futch
- Employed the following personnel for the 2011-2012 school year: Molly Taylor, teacher; Adrianne McDonald, teacher/coach; Heath Ragle, teacher/coach
- Accepted the recommendation for auxilliary personnel as presented.
- Accepted the student transfer list as presented.
The High School art classes have just completed their first projects in ceramics. Below are some pictures of the projects: