On Tuesday, August 16, the EISD Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting. Before the regular meeting, the Board participated in a workshop, conducted by school attorney John Hardy, on changes affecting school districts from the recent legislative session. Following the training session, the Board held a public hearing on the 2011-2012 budget and property tax rate. During the public hearing the Board received information related to state funding, the effective tax rate, the rollback tax rate, and the proposed tax rate.
During the regular meeting, which started immediately following the public hearing, the board took action on the following items:
- Approved the minutes of previous meetings.
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Approved the purchase of 3 new buses.
- Approved a district-wide salary freeze for all employees for the 2011-2012 school year.
- Approved the 2011-2012 budget.
- Approved a resolution to join the State of Texas Co-op Program for the 2011-2012 school year.
- Approved the Starting Points for STAAR Program and approved a resolution to suspend portions of Local Policy EIE for the 2011-2012 school year only.
- Approved the nominees for Van Zandt County Appraisal District as presented.
- Approved the M & O tax rate and the I & S tax rate for the 2011-2012 school year. The tax rate will remain unchanged from 2010-2011. The M & O tax rate will remain at $1.04 and the I & S tax rate will remain at $0.2363 for a total tax rate of $1.2763.
- Approved the PDAS appraisers as presented.
- Approved a resolution adopting GASB 54 Standards and Applications.
- Approved the fuel bid received by Borders and Long for the 2011-2012 school year.
- Approved the employment of the following personnel: Mark Bailey, ISS Aide at HS; Jack Lochabay, night custodian at HS; Beverly Fregia, food service at HS; Vickie Howell, food service at HS; Cathy Bryant, food service at MS; Dewetta Crow, food service at PS; Joyce Byers, bus monitor; Sheryl Sims, bus driver.
- Approved the sub list as presented.
- Approved the student transfer list as presented.