The EISD Board of Trustees will hold a public hearing on the 2009-2010 Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas (FIRST) report tonight at 6:45 in the HS library. EISD received the highest rating possible, Superior Achievement, on the FIRST. The highest possible score on FIRST is 80. EISD had a score of 78. A passing score is 56. The EISD Board of Trustees has provided the leadership and guidance necessary to enable the district to achieve the financial rating. In addition, a special thank you goes to the ladies that work in our business office and tax office for their hard work and dedication: Carol Warren, business manager; Debra Meyners, payroll; Kara Weaver, accounts payable; Karen Thompson, PEIMS coordinator; Debbie Myers and Joyce Hodge, tax office; and, Robyn Culp, administrative receptionist.
Regular Board Meeting
Immediately following the FIRST hearing, the EISD Board of Trustees will hold their regular monthly meeting. Agenda items include:
- Approve minutes of previous meetings.
- Consider financial reports.
- General Reports
- PBMAS Report
- PaySchools Report
- Certified Payments Summary Report
- Evaluation of the 2010-2011 District Improvement Plan
- Insurance Payments Received
- Audit Letter from TEA
- Struck Off Properties in Cherokee Shores
- Committee Reports – DEIC Meeting
- Consider Approval of District Improvement Plan for 2011-2012.
- Consider Resolution to Join Taxpayers and Student Fairness Association and Potential Litigation to Protect the Taxpayers and School Children of Texas.
- Report on School Safety Audit.
- Discuss and Consider Options Resulting from SB 100.
- Update on Enrollment.
- Closed Meeting – Staffing and Personnel; Student Transfers
- Action on Closed Meeting Items.