Today is an early release day for the district. Buses will run approximately 2 hours early. Today is also the end of the 3rd six weeks and the end of the first semester. We have completed 80 days of this school year and will have 100 days to go in the second semester.
The district will be out on Christmas break from December 19 – December 30. January 2 is a teacher workday. There will be no classes for students that day. Classes will resume at their regular time on Tuesday, January 3, 2012.
I want to thank everyone for a great first semester. It went by so fast!! We have had a great start to the 2011-2012 school year. I know that the second semester will be just as good as the first.
A reminder that our High School basketball teams will be playing tonight and Monday, December 19. Tonight, the girls teams travel to Leon for a district contest. The games start at 5:00. The boys teams will be traveling to Quitman tonight. Those games are scheduled to start at 5:00.
On Monday, December 19, both the boys and girls teams will be hosting Malakoff in district action. The games will start at 3:00 PM.
Last night, the EISD Board of Trustees held a public hearing to review the Academic Excellence Indicator System reports for the 2010-2011 school year. Following the public hearing, the board held their regular monthly meeting. The following actions were taken during the regular meeting:
- Approved the minutes of the November regular board meeting.
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Approved the 2011 audit report as presented.
- Approved a two-year extension with Life Touch Photography.
- Approved the end of course grading policy as presented.
- Approved the employment of the following personnel: David Beverly, HS math teacher; Terry Burns, custodian; Jaryn Toops, instructional aide at the Primary
- Approved the student transfers as presented.
- Approved the sub list as presented.
I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!