Yesterday, the local Masonic Lodge honored two students and a teacher for their accomplishments. Shelby Stegent and Jacob McCarter were the two students honored by the Masons. Both Shelby and Jacob are seniors. Each student received a Maribeau B. Lamar Medal, a certificate of recognition, and a $250 scholarship to the college or university of their choice. Mason Keith Haynes presented the awards to the students. Prior to the awards presentation, Mason Tom Bynum described the contributions made by Maribeau B. Lamar to the education system of Texas. In addition, Jeff Brown was honored as Teacher of the Year. Coach Brown received a certificate acknowledging this accomplishment.
I want to congratulate Shelby, Jacob, and Coach Brown on these awards. They are all well-deserved recognitions. I also want to thank Mr. Haynes and Mr. Bynum for making these honors possible.
Last night the EISD Board of Trustees met in regular session. The meeting started at 7:00 PM.
Actions taken during last night’s meeting included:
- Appointed Michael Cates to the vacant position on the board.
- Approved the minutes of previous meetings.
- Approved financial reports as presented.
- Approved agreement with Smith, Lambright & Associates for audit services for the fiscal year ending August 31, 2012.
- Approved tax refund to William C. & Karen J. Jones.
- Approved Instructional Materials Allotment and TEKS Certification for 2012-2013 school year.
- Approved resolution suspending portions of local policy EIA dealing with end of course exams.
- Accepted the resignations of Jeremy Taylor and Alicia Sanders
- Approved the employment of David Currey as a teacher/coach for the 2012-2013 school year and approved hiring Clinton Mott for maintenance/custodian.
- Approved the sub list as presented.
- Approved the teacher contracts and other professional non-teaching contracts as presented.
- Approved student transfers as presented.