Last night, the EISD Board of Trustees meet in regular session. The meeting started at 7:00 PM and was held in the HS library. Actions taken at last night’s meeting included the following:
- Approved minutes of the April 17, 2012 board meeting.
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Approved the addition of three custodial positions and two maintenance positions for the summer.
- Approved the Region 7 Education Service Center Contracts as presented.
- Requested additional information on the softball and baseball renovations. These renovations will be discussed again in June.
- Approved the refund on property taxes due to homestead exemption for David Bryon Mason.
- Approved Policy Update 93 as recommended by TASB.
- Accepted the resignations of the following personnel: Emily Blackshear, Ann Shoecraft, Clare Bradburn, and Harold Hemphill.
- Employed Michael Wheat as bus mechanic and Dereck White as an aide at the Intermediate School.
- Accepted the list of Auxiliary personnel for employment as presented.
- Approved the list of student transfers as presented.
The Board also presented Board Commendations to the following students that qualified for state competitions:
Nic Hairl – UIL Headline Writing
Carly Copeland – State Solo and Ensemble
Rosie Durnell – State Solo and Ensemble
Jason Ballenger – State Solo and Ensemble
Dylan Worrell – State Solo and Ensemble
Kallan Campbell – State Solo and Ensemble
Randall Roberts – State Solo and Ensemble
Ruby Espiricueta – State Solo and Ensemble
Tara Young – State Solo and Ensemble
Tyler Barrett – State Solo and Ensemble
Jaci Aiken – 100 m Hurdles
Evan Arambula – 800 m Run and 1600 m Run
Jacob McCarter – 300 m Hurdles
Casey Bramblitt – Power Lifting
The Board also heard the two state qualifying ensembles perform their competition music. I want to thank all the students, parents, and staff members for their attendance at last night’s meeting.