Tonight, the EISD Board of Trustees will hold a public hearing to discuss the 2010-2011 Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas (FIRST) report and the FIRST Annual Financial Management report. We have discussed the FIRST report in length in previous posts. For the 2010-2011 school year, EISD received a “Superior Achievement” rating on FIRST. The FIRST hearing will start at 6:45 PM and be held in the HS library.
Immediately following the FIRST hearing, the EISD Board of Trustees will hold their regular monthly meeting. Reports to be heard include:
- Cash Flow Report for 2011-2012
- TELPAS Results
- Update on Enrollment and Attendance
Agenda items that may result in action include:
- Approve minutes from previous meetings.
- Review and consider financial reports.
- Consider class size waiver for first grade.
- Consider change of date of November board meeting.
- Policy Update 95 – First reading
- Consider action on closed session items – resignations, employ personnel, student transfers
Everyone is invited to attend both the public hearing and the regular board meeting.
A reminder that our HS volleyball teams will be in action against Scurry-Rosser tonight. The JV and freshman teams play at 5:00. The varsity will follow. This is an important game for our Lady Bulldogs. I encourage everyone to come out and show their support!!
We will be having a site evacuation drill this morning. We conduct at least one of these drills a year in which we practice evacuating the entire district.