Last night, the EISD Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting. The meeting started at 7:00 PM and was held in the HS library. During the meeting, the Board took the following actions:
- Approved minutes of previous board meetings as presented.
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Approved a resolution suspending portions of local policy dealing with end of course tests counting 15% of a student’s final grade.
- Approved April 29 as the date for the Employee Appreciation Banquet.
- Approved a resolution calling for a school board election on May 11, 2013.
- Approved a contract with the City of Eustace for the School Trustee General Election in May.
- Accepted the resignation of Joni Hunt, Primary aide.
- Approved the employment of Tricia Perry and Laticia Shaddock for the current school year. Approved the employment of Tiffani Chastant and Ranae Traywick for the 2013-2014 school year.
- Approved the student transfers as presented.
In honor of School Board Recognition Month, the Board was served a meal by the Intermediate School, enjoyed desserts provided by the Primary School, received drinking cups from the High School, and enjoyed center pieces and a video made by the Middle School. In addition, each board member received a certificate of appreciation.