Congratulations to all three HS volleyball teams on the wins over Edgewood last night. The 9th grade team won 2-0, the JV team won 2-1, and the varsity team won 3-0. All of the volleyball teams will be involved in the Eustace Tournament on Thursday.
The Eustace ISD Board of Trustees met in called session to host a budget and tax hearing. The meeting started at 6:30 and was held in the HS library. The Board heard reports on the proposed budget and proposed tax rates. The Board also were presented with the data used to develop the estimates for the 2013-2014 budget. Since this was a hearing, no action was taken regarding the proposed budget or the proposed tax rate.
The Board then held their regular monthly meeting starting at 7:00 PM. The meeting was held in the HS library. The Board considered and took the following actions:
- Approved the minutes or previous meetings.
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Approved the proposed budget for 2013-2014 as presented.
- Approved the proposed tax rate for 2013-2014 as presented.
- Approved the sale of property as presented.
- Approved the District Improvement Plan for 2013-2014 as presented.
- Approved the Attendance Committees as presented.
- Approved the PDAS Appraisers as presented.
- Accepted the resignation of Tammy Schwartz.
- Employed Debbie Hanson as a substitute bus driver; Angela Herring as an aide at the Middle School; Che Martin as a teacher at the Primary; Tamara Smallwood as an aide at the Intermediate; and, Roy Jones as a computer technician.
- Approved the substitute list as presented.
- Approved student transfers as presented.