The 9th grade and JV girls basketball teams recorded wins last night against Wills Point while the varsity lost a hard fought game. The 9th grade team won 35-20. The JV team won 45-24. The varsity fell to Wills Point 39-31.
Last night, the EISD Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting. The meeting started at 7:00 PM and was held in the HS library. After approving the minutes from previous meetings, the Board recognized the boys and girls cross country teams for their accomplishments this year. Each team was presented with a Board Commendation. Cross country coaches Josh Sypert and Kenneth Henderson both spoke about the teams hard work and dedication. Overall, the boys team was district champions, regional champions, and placed 3rd in Conference 3A at the state meet. The girls were district champions, 2nd at regional, and were Conference 3A state champions for the second year in a row.
Following the recognition ceremony, the Board took the following actions on items:
- Approved the financial reports as presented.
- Set a date for a Called Board Meeting (December 9th) to discuss additional renovations and additions at the Ag Science building.
- Nominated Robyn Wheeler of the Monitor for the TASB Media Honor Roll
- Accepted the resignation of Lauren Terry.
- Approved the employment of Jessi Tandarich as a redirection aide at the Primary and approved the employment of Crystal Pool as an instructional aide at the Primary.
- Approved the substitute list as presented.
- Accepted the transfer list as presented.