A reminder that today is an early out day. Buses will run 2 hours early. On Wednesday, the Eustace Bulldog Band competed in the UIL Concert and Sight Reading Contest in Canton. The Bulldog Band received 1st Divisions from all 3 judges in the concert portion of the contest. In the sight reading portion on the contest the Bulldog Band received an overall rating of 2nd Division, receiving one 1st Division and two 2nd Divisions. I want to congratulate all the students and the band directors, Todd Felty, and Crystal Heidle, for their all their hard work in preparing for this contest. Later today, a video of the concert portion of the contest will be uploaded to the Eustace ISD YouTube page. Trinity Valley Electric Cooperative recently provided Eustace Intermediate School with a grant of $4,200 to provide 20 student with backpacks full of personnel care items. I would like to thank TVEC for their generous contribution to help expand this program for our students. The Eustace ISD Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting last night. The meeting started at 7:00 PM and was held in the High School library. The Board heard the following reports:
- Texas Taxes Field Guide
- Region VII Board of Election Update
- Certification of Unopposed Candidates for School Board Election
- Update on Certification Classes and Dual-Credit Classes for 2015-2016.
- Update on Enrollment and Attendance
The Board took the following actions on items:
- Approved minutes from previous meetings.
- Approved financial reports as presented.
- Approved Order of Cancellation for School Board Election.
- Approved a Resolution urging the Texas Legislature to consider providing full funding for Pre-K programs.
- Approved a Motion allowing the District to proceed to the next step with regards to establishing its own police force.
- Approved Agreement with Smith, Lambright & Associates for Audit Services for the Fiscal Year Ending August 31, 2015.
- Accepted the resignations of Che Martin & Jennifer Clarke.
- Approved the recommended employment list of Probationary and Non-Probationary employees for 2015-2016.
- Approved student transfers as presented.
A reminder that the girls qualifying for the regional powerlifting meet will be competing in the regional meet today in White Oak. Also, a reminder that our boys and girls track teams will be competing today in Eustace. Field events will start at 2:30. I hope everyone has a great weekend and a safe and happy Spring Break!