via Technology Tidbits by Twyla Felty
1. If you can usually open Office documents in your Google drive without an issue on your computer, make sure you are logged into your Chrome browser so that all of your extensions are ready to go.
2. If this is all new to you, then we probably just need to add the Office Editing for Docs, Sheets & Slides extension to your Chrome browser. Don’t worry! It’s easy, and you should only have to do it once!
- Click on this link to go to the Office Editing for Docs, Sheets & Slides extension
- Click the blue button to “add to Chrome”
- You will have to give it permission to access all kinds of stuff, but just close your eyes and do it!
- Once it finishes adding itself to your Chrome browser, try to open your Office document again.
- Now, the Office document should open. The extension can clearly be seen in the URL
- When you open the Word document, you can also see that the extension is working by clicking on “File” and seeing the words, “Office Compatibility Mode”.
You are good to go!