For the fourth year in a row, Eustace High School has a state champion! Chanda Westbrook won the Division 3A Girls State Cross Country Championship with a time of 11:23! The win marks the first time that a Eustace athlete has won the state cross country championship! Congratulations to Chanda for this outstanding achievement!! Below are a couple of pictures of Chanda:
The girls cross country team won the Silver Medal at the state cross country meet! Over the last four years, the Lady Bulldogs have won two state titles and have placed second in state twice! Congratulations to Chanda Westbrook, Shelby White, Kara Henson, Skye Burns, Macy Penix, Reese Thorn, and Sabrina Davis on an outstanding performance at the state meet!
The boys cross country team finished in third place at the state meet! This marks the fifth year in a row that the Bulldogs have been on the medal stage! Congratulations to Ericson Gudjohnsen, Zane Arambula, Andrew Page, Dalton Page, Nick Westbrook, Michael Wong, Micah Zimmerer
I want to congratulate all the runners for a great cross country season! Special thanks to our High School cross country coaches Josh Sypert and Kenneth Henderson. Also, a special thank you to all the parents for their support and for all the early mornings that go along with cross country.
Videos of the start, finish, and medal ceremonies will be available on the Eustace ISD YouTube channel later today.
Congratulations also go out to Sydney Winn on officially signing to play basketball for Incarnate Word University. Sydney is a senior at Eustace High School. Below is a picture of her signing:
Board Meeting Tonight
Tonight, the Eustace ISD Board of Trustees will hold their regular monthly meeting. The meeting will start at 7:00 PM and be held in the High School library.
The Board will hear the following reports:
- RevTrak Report
- CTE Courses offered by TVCC
- Results of Campus Meetings
- Enrollment and Attendance Updates
- Update on State Champions Memorial
The Board will consider action on the following agenda items:
- Minutes from previous meetings
- Financial report
- Sale of Property
- Changing date of December Board Meeting
- Resolution for Legislature to Remove Small Schools Formula\
- Consider purchase of baseball/softball equipment
- Consider moving forward on District of Innovation status
- HCAD Board of Directors ballot
- Updating press box and ticket booths at football field
- Updating turf at football field
- Upgrades to pole vault pit
- Closed Meeting – Personnel and staffing, updates to sub list, student transfers
- Any action taken on closed meeting items will be done in open session.
Monday – All Region Jazz Clinic and Concert; MS Basketball – Boys at Kemp, Girls v. Kemp; Board Meeting – HS Library – 7:00 PM
Tuesday – 1st Grade Family Reading Night – 5:00 – 6:00; HS Girls Basketball v. Kerens – 5:00; Boys Basketball v. Fruitvale – 5:30
Thursday – JV Girls Basketball at Van Tournament; Varsity Girls at Italy Tournament
Friday – JV Girls Basketball at Van Tournament; Varsity Girls at Italy Tournament
Saturday – MS Boys at Scurry Tournament
A reminder that November 21-25 is our Thanksgiving Holiday. Classes will resume at regular times on November 28.
I hope everyone has a great week!